B.Tech. (Automobile Engineering) Courses, Eligibility, Admissions, Syllabus, Frequently asked Questions.
Overview and About the B.Tech. in Automobile Engineering Course:
The study of different automotive engines and how they are made, the electrical systems they include, alternative fuels, the safety of automobile parts, and the quality of the vehicle are the main topics covered in a B. Tech in Automobile Engineering. For multidimensional learning, students in the B.Tech in Automotive Engineering programme are exposed to case studies, problem-based learning, written exams, computer programming, group discussions, industrial training and seminars, and numerous projects linked to the automotive industry. The graduates are hired by businesses that focus on providing goods and services to the product and technology sectors, as well as the automotive industry. The 4-year B. Tech. in Automotive Engineering programme is a subfield of mechanical engineering.
Automobile manufacturing processes, vehicle gasoline engines, and fluid mechanics are all included in the course material. Graduates from the B.Tech Automotive Engineering programme at Inida can work in executive and administrative roles, as a senior production engineer, as an automobile designer, or in the sales of automobiles, among other professions.
Mechanical, electrical, electronic, safety, and software engineering are all combined in a B.Tech in automobile engineering. The B.Tech in Automotive Engineering is regarded as being very advantageous for students who want to work in the automotive industry, including providing services to firms that develop and manufacture cars.
For admission to integrated first-degree programmes like B.Tech and 5-year integrated programmes with B.Tech and M.Tech offered at BITS campuses in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad, candidates must pass the national-level BITSAT test, which is administered by BITS Pilani. After JEE Mains and Advanced, BITSAT is the test that people most want to take. For those who do not succeed in passing JEE Mains and Advanced, BITSAT presents a fresh chance that is on par with a few reputable NITs and a few more recent IITs.
Why to do the course?
• Due to the automobile industry’s fast expansion, there is an urgent need for experienced automotive professionals. Only deserving pupils show interest in it, but it is equally fulfilling and profitable.
• Applicants may also be hired to work in the R&D division of prominent automakers to create and implement new networking systems and procedures connected to automotive engineering.
• Applicants and aspirants can also work in administrative positions like managers and executive officers, who oversee these processes and procedures to guarantee the best possible resource utilisation and the creation of high-quality output.
• After earning sufficient experience, candidates can advance to director roles and becoming prominent in their area of expertise within this business.
• Automotive engineers can choose from a variety of careers and possibilities.
Eligibility Criteria Required for the Course B.Tech. in Automobile Engineering :
• For BTech admission, candidates must additionally pass entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, and MET in order to be accepted into the programme.
• Applicants must possess a 12th grade diploma in mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
• Also, candidates must have received a minimum of 50 to 70 percent on their preceding exams.
Highlights of the B.Tech. in Automobile Engineering Course:
Full name of the course
Bachelor of Technology in Automobile Engineering
Duration of the course
Type of the course
Also, candidates must have received a minimum of 50 to 70 percent on their preceding exams.
Entrance/ Merit Based
INR 1 lakh to 5 lakhs
Top Recruiting Companies
Honda, Daimler India Ltd., Mahindra & Mahindra, Tata Consultancy Services, and Tata Motors
Automobile dealers, managers, Deputy officers and directors, product engineers, production engineers, development engineers, and R&D executives
Top Colleges for the course, B.Tech. in Automobile Engineering:
Check out the list of top colleges given below for doing the course, B.Tech in Automobile Engineering.
College Name & Location
Amity University Noida
Manipal Institute of Technology Manipal
PSG College of Technology Coimbatore
Punjab Technical University
Admission Process for the B.Tech. in Automobile Engineering course:
• In order to get high exam scores and gain admission to the universities of their choosing, students should devote themselves to their studies each day with attention and focus.
• To comprehend key ideas, numerical roots, and definitions, scholars and students must make sure they have studied the course materials or the curriculum from their prior exams.
• To understand the format and procedure of the test and prepare appropriately, candidates can also tackle the questions from prior years.
• In order to gain a deeper grasp of subjects that might aid them in performing well on the tests and examinations described above, applicants can also seek assistance from tutorials and eBooks.
Syllabus to be Study in the duration of the course B.Tech in Automobile Engineering Course:
In First Year:
· Engineering Drawing
· Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering Technical Communication
· Professional Communication
· Engineering Mathematics – 1 Engineering Chemistry 1
· Fundamentals of Electronics Engineering
In Second Year:
· Fourier Series, Partial Differential Equations and their Application Mechanics of Solids
· Automotive Engines Thermodynamics and Engineering
· Manufacturing Technology
· Fluid Mechanics
· Manufacturing and Assembly Drawing Machines and Mechanism
In Third Year:
· Design of Automotive Components
· Automotive Electrical and Electronics Systems Engine and Fuel Testing
· Metrology and Quality Control Automotive Chassis
· Probability and Statistics
· Automotive Engine Systems
In Fourth Year:
· Vehicle Dynamics
· Vehicle Performance and Testing
· Alternative Fuels and Pollution Control
· Vehicle Body Engineering and Aerodynamics
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question. What is the procedure for enrolling in this course?
Answer. The prerequisites for admission to the programme are an intermediate degree in physics, chemistry, and mathematics as well as passing entrance exams like the JEE Main, JEE Advanced, and MET.
Question. What exactly does this degree programme cover?
Answer. This degree programme has a wide range of employment opportunities, including outstanding positions as product engineers, production engineers, development engineers, teachers, executive officers, and managers in the administrative field, among others.
Question. What sorts of job titles are related to this position?
Answer. Product engineers, development engineers, teachers, directors, dealers, managers, content writers and producers, consultants, and research associates are all included in the job title.
Question. Which IITs provide B.Tech. programmes in automotive engineering?
Answer. B.Tech in Automotive Engineering is available at IIT Delhi, IIT Madras, and IIT Roorkee.
Question. Can I launch my own business following this course?
Answer. Certainly, however it’s recommended to obtain some practical job experience and develop one’s professionalism before starting one’s own firm.