B.Tech. (Civil Engineering) Courses, Eligibility, Admissions, Syllabus, Frequently asked Questions.
Overview and About the B.Tech. in Civil Engineering Course:
A four-year undergraduate engineering degree called the B.Tech in Civil Engineering covers management, material science, structural designs, and building materials. Planning, designing, and managing the construction of infrastructure necessary to contemporary living, such as bridges, roads, offshore structures, colleges and schools, airports, dams, water facilities, and sewage systems, are all aspects of civil engineering. Those with this engineering specialty also upgrade deteriorated infrastructure and contribute to environmental preservation by helping to clear up pollution and coming up with fresh solutions to prevent further contamination of the land, water, and air.
Civil engineering is one of the oldest and most diverse engineering specialties. It entails the planning, design, construction, upkeep, and supervision of infrastructures, including buildings and systems that are crucial to modern life, such as schools, hospitals, airports, bridges, and tunnels, as well as sewage and water treatment systems. The training also covers enhancing current infrastructure as well as public and environmental health protection.
The JEE Mains, JEE Advanced, and other front tests were used to determine the applicants’ scores for the B.Tech. Civil Engineering admission procedures. The most renowned universities offering this programme include IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, NIT Tiruchirappalli, and others. The average cost of a B.Tech. in civil engineering ranges from INR 3 to 7 lakhs.
The graduates can look for specialised employment opportunities as structural engineers, transportation engineers, construction engineers, civil engineers, and so forth at the direction’s pinnacle of achievement.
Why to do the course?
• Due to the automobile industry’s fast expansion, there is an urgent need for experienced automotive professionals. Only
• A four-year undergraduate programme in B.Tech civil engineering focuses on technology, math, and various middle civil engineering disciplines.
• Transportation engineering, environmental engineering, structural engineering, maintenance, and structural rehabilitation are some of the fields where Btech civil engineering graduates are now in demand.
• Btech Civil Engineering is one of the most straightforward and uncomplicated engineering specialties. According to the majority of students, engineering drawing is the only challenging aspect.
• According to a survey from VIT Vellore, employment chances for BTech civil engineering graduates are predicted to increase by 20% over the next two years.
• The biggest pay package available at the moment for any civil engineer with a significant quantity of working experience is INR 50.5 lakhs.
• Additional subjects, such as verbal communication, undertaking management, costing, and assessment, support the aspirant’s advantage skills required to carry out real-world international engineering ventures.
deserving pupils show interest in it, but it is equally fulfilling and profitable.
• Applicants may also be hired to work in the R&D division of prominent automakers to create and implement new networking systems and procedures connected to automotive engineering.
• Applicants and aspirants can also work in administrative positions like managers and executive officers, who oversee these processes and procedures to guarantee the best possible resource utilisation and the creation of high-quality output.
• After earning sufficient experience, candidates can advance to director roles and becoming prominent in their area of expertise within this business.
• Automotive engineers can choose from a variety of careers and possibilities.
Eligibility Criteria Required for the Course B.Tech. in Civil Engineering :
• For BTech admission, candidates must additionally pass entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, and MET in order to be accepted into the programme.
• Applicants must possess a 12th grade diploma in mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
• Also, candidates must have received a minimum of 50 to 70 percent on their preceding exams.
Highlights of the B.Tech. in Civil Engineering Course:
Full name of the course
Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering
Duration of the course
Type of the course
Also, candidates must have received a minimum of 50 to 70 percent on their preceding exams.
Entrance/ Merit Based
INR 1 lakh to 5 lakhs
Top Recruiting Areas
Companies involved in urban development, land development, structural engineering, and irrigation.
Civil engineering technicians, water resource engineers, structural engineers, engineers of transportation, environmental engineers, etc.
Top Colleges for the course, B.Tech. in Civil Engineering:
Check out the list of top colleges given below for doing the course, B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
IIT Bombay – Indian Institute of Technology
MIT Manipal – Manipal Institute of Technology
COEP Pune – College of Engineering
VIT Vellore – Vellore Institute of Technology
SRM University Chennai – SRM Institute of Science and Technology
DSCE Bangalore – Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering
RVCE Bangalore – RV College of Engineering
DTU Delhi – Delhi Technological University
PSG Tech Coimbatore – PSG College of Technology
MSU Baroda – Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
Admission Process for the B.Tech. in Civil Engineering course:
• In order to get high exam scores and gain admission to the universities of their choosing, students should devote themselves to their studies each day with attention and focus.
• To comprehend key ideas, numerical roots, and definitions, scholars and students must make sure they have studied the course materials or the curriculum from their prior exams.
• To understand the format and procedure of the test and prepare appropriately, candidates can also tackle the questions from prior years.
• In order to gain a deeper grasp of subjects that might aid them in performing well on the tests and examinations described above, applicants can also seek assistance from tutorials and eBooks.
Syllabus to be Study in the duration of the course B.Tech in Civil Engineering Course:
In First Year:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question. I’m a second-year student in civil engineering. Where do I go to get trained? Is attending training required?
Answer. The level of training required will depend on your goals for the future profession you intend to pursue. A field job would benefit greatly from it. Civil engineering can only be fully learned on the job by watching things in action.
Question. After graduation, what jobs are available for graduates?
Answer. One can get employment as a civil engineer, structural engineer, transportation engineer, etc. after graduating.
Question. Does this programme provide a summer internship?
Answer. Absolutely, in order to graduate, students must complete a two- to four-month summer internship.
Question. Is mathematics a requirement for admittance to this programme in the 12th grade?
Answer. Yes. A prerequisite for entrance to this programme is mathematics.
Question. What grade point average is necessary for entry into a reputable BTech Civil Engineering college?
Answer. Many institutes have varying thresholds for the aggregate score, but a minimum score of 60% or above suffices.