B.Tech. (Dairy Engineering) Courses, Eligibility, Admissions, Syllabus, Frequently asked Questions.
Overview and About the B.Tech. in Dairy Engineering Course:
The four-year B. Tech. in Dairy Technology undergraduate programme covers all facets of dairy product manufacturing and processing. In this dairy technology course, students get the chance to study about the preventative measures used to process and maintain the standard quality of milk packaging and milk products. The Bachelor of Technology in Dairy Technology Engineering (B.Tech in Dairy Technology) programme focuses on novel techniques for producing various milk by-products, such cheese and ice cream, employing engineering and scientific technology.
The study of milk processing and its products falls within the umbrella of the scientific and technical subject known as dairy technology. It is a branch of the food technology and processing sector that uses the sciences of biochemistry, bacteriology, and nutrition to process, package, distribute, and transport diverse dairy products including milk and ice cream. Dairy technology essentially employs “technology” to make dairy products usable and high-tech.
Candidates can choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate-level dairy technology courses. Applicants have the option of pursuing a dairy technology degree or diploma programme. BTech, BSc, MTech, and MSc are a few of the well-liked dairy technology courses.
Without the use of any machinery, the majority of the labour was completed physically. This is the reason the Indian government began this route. It was a huge success and rapidly rose to the top of the list of courses taken by India’s youth. The curriculum stresses animal science, business management, and interpersonal skills and is practical and hands-on. Also, it is highly useful and offers chances to collaborate with dairy businesses. Also, because it is a specialist sector, graduates receive a competitive wage package. This is a significant benefit of this degree. This degree’s course of study differs from institute to institute.
Why to do the course?
- Those who decide to pursue a B.Tech. in dairy. The programme would provide participants the chance to apply for positions with the government and global corporations.
- Dairy Technology is a high demand industry where qualified graduates may easily find available opportunities. Any student who has the drive to succeed in their subject will do well in no time.
- Holders of a BTech in Dairy Technology degrees have access to a wide range of employment possibilities. There is no restriction on the number of educational options available. The sky is the limit when it comes to law, management, and competitive exams to work for government agencies.
- After completing this degree, candidates may continue their education by enrolling in PG programmes like MTech and Master of Engineering programmes.
- These graduates will be able to use cutting-edge technical expertise to make high-quality goods.
Eligibility Criteria Required for the Course B.Tech. in Dairy Engineering:
- A minimum of 55% must be obtained in the higher secondary board test by the pupils.
- For lateral entrance students, a three-year diploma from an accredited board in a relevant topic is required.
- The reservation category has a different eligibility standard. They receive some marks that are relaxed.
- If they want to be considered for the admissions process, all applicants must achieve the entrance exam cut-off.
- Candidates must pass the 12th exam or an equivalent from a reputable board with PCM as their primary subjects.
Highlights of the B.Tech. in Dairy Engineering Course:
Full name of the course
Bachelor of Technology in Dairy Engineering
Duration of the course
Type of the course
Also, candidates must have received a minimum of 50 to 70 percent on their preceding exams.
Entrance/ Merit Based
INR 1 lakh to 5 lakhs
Top Recruiting Companies
Hatsun Agro Product Limited, Metro Dairy Limited, Heritage Foods, Vasudhara Dairy, Vadilal Group, Mother Dairy, Amul, Nestle, Hindustan Unilever, Indian Tobacco Company, Reliance Industries, Britannia Industries, etc.
Dairy scientists, microbiologists, production managers, logistics and distribution managers, quality control officers, etc.
Top Colleges for the course, B.Tech. in Dairy Engineering:
Check out the list of top colleges given below for doing the course, B.Tech. in Dairy Engineering.
College Name & Location
Parul University, Vodadara
MVN University, Palwal
Apex University, Jaipur
Shyam University, Dausa
Warner College of Dairy Technology, Allahabad
Admission Process for the B.Tech. in Dairy Engineering course:
For admission to this degree, the combined scores from the 10+2 and JEE Advanced exams are taken into account.
- After passing the admission exam, the student moves on to the selection process, which includes a group discussion round and a round of individual interviews.
- Those with a diploma in electronics and communication are also eligible for the B.Tech. in Dairy Engineering program’s Lateral Entry admission.
Syllabus to be Study in the duration of the course B.Tech in Dairy Engineering Course:
In First Semester:
· Fluid Mechanics
· Fundamentals of Microbiology
· Moral Value & Education
· Elementary Mathematics
· Physical Chemistry of Milk
· Milk Production Management & Dairy Development
· Engineering Drawing
· Workshop Practice & Technology
In Second Semester:
· Traditional Dairy Products
· Electrical Engineering
· Biochemistry & Human Nutrition
· Industrial Statistics
· Market Milk
· Introductory Dairy Microbiology
· Heat and Mass Transfer
· Chemistry of Milk
In Third Semester:
· Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
· Dairy Engineering
· Economic Analysis
· Dairy Extension Education
· Computer Programming
· Condensed & Dried Milks
· Fat Rich Dairy Products
In Fourth Semester:
· Dairy Process Engineering
· Marketing Management & International Trade
· Dairy Plant Management & Pollution Control
· Dairy Biotechnology
· Cheese Technology
· Ice?Cream & Frozen Desserts
· Judging of Dairy Products
· Starter Culture and Fermented Milk Products
In Fifth Semester:
· Financial Management & Cost Accounting
· Dairy Plant Design and Layout
· Chemical Quality Assurance
· Principles of Dairy Machine Design
· IT in Dairy Industry
· Quality and Safety monitoring in Dairy Industry
· By Products Technology
In Sixth Semester:
· Packaging of Dairy Products
· Food Technology
· Entrepreneurship Development and Industrial Consultancy
· Operation Research
· Food Engineering
· Food Chemistry
· Food and Industrial Microbiology
In Seventh Semester:
· Hands-on Training and Experiential Learning
In Eighth Semester:
· In-Plant Training
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question. Is BTech in Dairy Technology a challenging programme?
Answer. It all relies on the student; if they are enthusiastic about the course, it will be simple for them to follow it.
Question. Can students from the Arts stream enrol in this course?
Answer. No, only students in the Science stream are eligible to apply because the eligibility requirements state that applicants must have taken Science courses.
Question. Can students seek for positions in the government after finishing this course?
Answer. Absolutely, students who successfully complete this course can apply for various careers as well as placement in government hospitals.
Question. How do the job prospects look for someone who has a B.Tech. in dairy technology?
Answer. Dairy technology engineering graduates have a wide range of job choices because this discipline is closely related to agriculture, cattle farming, and animal husbandry.
Question. What kind of employment should someone with a degree in dairy technology go for?
Answer. A person with a degree in dairy technology may apply for positions such as dairy technologist, microbiologist, dairy nutritionist, dairy production manager, and quality control officer, among others.