B.Tech. (Production Engineering) Courses, Eligibility, Admissions, Syllabus, Frequently asked Questions.
Overview and About the B.Tech. in Production Engineering Course:
Production engineering, a subfield of engineering that is closely connected to mechanical engineering, trains professionals to increase the productivity and efficiency of the industrial and service sectors. A production engineer works with technical procedures and management issues connected to production in a variety of sectors. Production engineering is a mix of manufacturing technology, which is a branch of mechanical engineering. Applicants who choose the B.Tech. in Production Engineering programme have a variety of career options, including mechatronics, operation research, quality control, metal cutting and tool design, metrology, machine tools, and joining processes.
A four-year graduate degree programme in BE Production Engineering that combines manufacturing technology and science is offered in India. Production engineering combines management science with industrial technology. These graduates can find employment as a production manager, quality manager, production engineer, senior manager or head, engineering plant production manager, management engineer, etc.
In a nutshell, production engineering is concerned with the effective planning and integrated design of the complete manufacturing system.
Manufacturing engineering, usually referred to as production engineering, is concerned with organising, developing, and managing diverse production processes to create high-quality goods. Production engineers operate in a variety of sectors and carry a variety of titles, from manufacturing engineers to industrial engineers, from production managers to production assistants. Production Technology B.S. Engineering, a branch of engineering that closely resembles mechanical engineering, educates manufacturing engineers to boost the productivity and effectiveness of the service and manufacturing sectors.
Why to do the course?
- This programme offers engineers a flexible setting to put their innovative ideas into practise and carry out research to advance the sector.
- This subject provides numerous career prospects within the industrial sector and teaches the necessary skills to operate in the industrial sector since it is concerned with the operation and administration of factories and industries.
- The engineers are given a creative platform through this curriculum to put their concepts and research into practise for the sector’s advancement.
- Because engineers are allowed to experiment and utilise cutting-edge tools and equipment, the experience they have gained in this field is equally crucial.
- Engineers can experiment and employ cutting-edge tools and equipment, thus familiarity in this field is crucial.
Eligibility Criteria Required for the Course B.Tech. in Production Engineering:
- A minimum of 55% must be obtained in the higher secondary board test by the pupils.
- For lateral entrance students, a three-year diploma from an accredited board in a relevant topic is required.
- The reservation category has a different eligibility standard. They receive some marks that are relaxed.
- If they want to be considered for the admissions process, all applicants must achieve the entrance exam cut-off.
- Candidates must pass the 12th exam or an equivalent from a reputable board with PCM as their primary subjects.
Highlights of the B.Tech. in Production Engineering Course:
Full name of the course
Bachelor of Technology in Production Engineering
Duration of the course
Type of the course
Also, candidates must have received a minimum of 50 to 70 percent on their preceding exams.
Entrance/ Merit Based
INR 1 lakh to 5 lakhs
Top Recruiting Companies
ONGC, Geometric, Tata Power, Godrej, Larsen & Toubro, NTPC, Hyundai, and Reliance Industries
Drugs, research facilities, manufacturing, communications, and information technology
Top Colleges for the course, B.Tech. in Production Engineering:
Check out the list of top colleges given below for doing the course, B.Tech. in Production Engineering.
National Institute of Engineering
National Institute of Engineering
Birla Institute of Engineering
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
BML Munjal University
kalinga Institute of Industrial Engineering
University of Engineering and Management
National Institute of Engineering
Greater Noida institute of Engineering
Admission Process for the B.Tech. in Production Engineering course:
For admission to this degree, the combined scores from the 10+2 and JEE Advanced exams are taken into account.
- After passing the admission exam, the student moves on to the selection process, which includes a group discussion round and a round of individual interviews.
- Those with a diploma in electronics and communication are also eligible for the BTech Production program’s Lateral Entry admission.
Syllabus to be Study in the duration of the course B.Tech in Production Engineering Course:
In First Year:
· Environmental Studies
· Engineering Physics
· Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
· Engineering Drawing
· Technical Communication
· Fundamentals of Computer
· Professional Communication
· Engineering Mathematics-1
· Engineering Chemistry
· Fundamentals of Electronics Engineering
· Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
· Engineering Mathematics-2
In Second Year:
· Computer Programming and Numerical Methods
· Kinematics of Machines
· Production Process-1
· Production Drawing
· Fluid Mechanics and Machines
· Numerical Techniques
· Engineering Mathematics-3
· Machine Drawing, Civil Drawing and Estimation
· Mechanics of Solids
· Machine Tools-1
· Metal Joining Processes
· Metallurgy and Material Science
In Third Year:
· Resource Management Techniques
· Dynamics of Machines
· Computer aided Drafting and Cost Estimation
· Computer Graphics and CAD
· Design of Machine Elements
· Metrology and Quality Assurance
· Applied Statistics
· Reliability, Maintenance and Safety Engineering
· Non Traditional Manufacturing Processes
· Thermal Engineering
· Design for Manufacture and Assembly
· CNC Machines
In Fourth Year:
· Work Design and Facilities Planning
· Fluid Power Control and Mechatronics
· Fluid Power Control
· Design of Production Tooling
· Manufacturing System and Simulation
· Automation and CIM
· Industrial Economics
· Manufacturing Planning and Control
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question. What is the Indian BTech in Production Engineering program’s field of study?
Answer. The BTech in Production Engineering has a wide range of study options. The candidate will have the chance to investigate several options in the automotive, refining, construction, financial, etc. industries due to the ongoing rise in demand.
Question. Can a distant learner earn a BTech in Production Engineering?
Answer. Sure, this programme may be completed online, although it is preferable to enrol in a traditional institution for this course.
Question. What job can I get with a BTech in Production Engineering and make the most money?
Answer. The highest pay after earning a BTech in Production Engineering is reportedly approximately INR 25,00,00 annually, according to Glassdoor.
Question. How does one go about obtaining a BTech in production engineering?
Answer. The candidate must take an entrance exam, such as the GATE or CUET, in order to pursue a BTech in Production Engineering. Admission will be granted based on the individual’s result.
Question. What about the salary after completing the course, B.Tech in production engineering?
Answer. After completing the course a person can earn in between 3 lakhs to 7 lakhs per annum.